Cuban Tourist Board: | 1200 Bay Street Suite 305, Toronto, ON, M5R 2A5 | Tel: +1 (416) 362-0700 | Website:

Cuban Consulate Canada Website:

Toronto: Tel: (416) 234-8181 | Fax: (416) 234-2754 | Email: 

Montreal: Tel: (514) 843-8897 / 843-7559 / 843-1063 | Email:
Jurisdiction: Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland/Labrador

All documents listed must be officially translated into Spanish, certified by a Notary Public and accompanied by Certificate of Authenticity in order to be legalized and certified by the Consulate General of Cuba (allow 15-21 business days, service fees apply):

  • Valid passports
  • Tourist cards
  • Divorce Decree and Birth Certificate of previous marital partner (if applicable)
  • Death Certificate and Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate of previous marital partner (if applicable)

Information sheet must be provided with the following:

  • Bride and Groom's full names
  • Permanent home addresses
  • Occupations
  • Level of education
  • Nationality and full names of parents, living or deceased, for both the bride and groom

Attach a copy of the photo page from passports. Fax copies of all documentation in both English and Spanish to the hotel in Cuba at least 3 weeks prior to arrival.


Dominican Republic Consulate: Tel (416) 369-0403

Dominican Republic Embassy:

Dominican Republic Tourist Board:

Dominican Republic Services - Toronto: | Tel: (416) 739-1237 Fax: (416) 663-1973

All documents listed must be officially translated into business days):

  • Photocopies of valid Passports (3 copies)
  • Original Birth Certificates (plus 3 copies)
  • Notarized Single Status Affidavits
  • Divorce Decree or Death Certificate, if previously married (original and 2 copies), translated into Spanish. Mandatory 10 month waiting period to re-marry for bride if divorced or widowed.
  • Adoption Certificate, if applicable
  • Two witnesses, with passports (2 copies)


Jamaican Tourist Board: Website: | Toll Free: (800) 465-2624 | Fax: (416) 482-1730 | Email:

Jamaica High Commission: Website: | Tel: (613) 233-9311 Fax (613) 233-0611

Visitors can be married just 24hours after arrival, provided a prior application has been made for the marriage license. French Canadians need a notarized and translated English copy of all documents accompanied with photocopy of original French documents.

  • Proof of Citizenship
  • Certified copy of both the Bride and Groom's Birth Certificates, which include the fathers' names
  • Divorce Decree or Death Certificate of previous marital partner (if applicable)


Mexican Embassy: (416) 368-1847

Mexico Tourist Board Website:

All documents listed must be officially translated into Spanish and notarized:

  • Valid Passports
  • Tourist cards given at airport on arrival
  • Birth Certificates
  • Divorce Decree or Death Certificate of previous marital partner (if applicable)
  • Four witnesses over the age of 18 with Passports, Birth Certificates and Tourist Cards
  • Locally performed blood tests and chest x-rays
  • Bride & Groom must arrive into Mexico at least 4 working days prior to the wedding date


There are several requirements for obtaining a marriage license in the Commonwealth of The Bahamas. Here's everything you need to know to be legally married here:

Application for License

The couple must be in The Islands Of The Bahamas at the time of application for the marriage license.
Download marriage license application | Download application for certified marriage certificate

If you arrive via cruise ship, you'll be required to obtain a letter from the ship's purser confirming that you have met the residency period by being in Bahamian waters for 24 hours.

You need not apply for a license if you wish to renew your vows.

Please note: Marriage licenses and certificates are issued at the office of the Registrar General in Nassau. This office is open to the public Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Address: P.O. Box N-532 Nassau, The Bahamas Phone: (242) 323-0594, (242) 323-0595, (242) 323-0597 Fax: (242) 322-5553, (242) 393-7908


Many countries now require that official documents, such as international marriage certificates, be certified by the issuing country. In The Bahamas, this means that an Apostille (a special seal) is applied by the relevant authority to certify that a document is a true copy of an original. The Apostille can be made available to you within 30 days of the request. Your Wedding Planner or Marriage Officer will assist you in this regard.

Residency Period

Couples may apply a day after their arrival and can be married once they receive their approved license the day after application.

Proof of Identification and Residency

Both parties must produce a valid passport, birth certificate and photo ID. The parties must also produce evidence of the date of their arrival in The Bahamas. The Bahamas Immigration Card or entry stamp in your passport will suffice.


Two witnesses, who are at least 18 years old, must sign your marriage license. If it's just the two of you, witnesses can be provided.


The fee for a marriage license is $120 inclusive of one certified copy of a marriage certificate. Extra marriage certificates are available at $20 each. Apostilles are $10 each.


If either party has been divorced, the original final decree or a certified copy must be produced. Where applicable, a translated, certified and notarized copy of the final decree must be produced.


Minors (under 18 years) may be married with both parents' consent. Consent forms for minors are available at the Registrar General's office.

Single Persons

If either party is single and has never been married before, a declaration certifying this fact must be sworn before a notary public or other person authorized to administer oaths in the country of residence. This document must accompany the application for the marriage license. This declaration can also be obtained in The Bahamas from an attorney-at-law or notary public.


If either party is widowed, the original death certificate or certified copy must be produced. Where applicable, a translated, certified and notarized copy of the death certificate must be produced.

Marrying Outside of New Providence and Grand Bahama Island

Couples wishing to be married on islands outside of New Providence and Grand Bahama Island can obtain a Marriage License at the Administrator's Office on that island.

More about Weddings in The Bahamas