Tropical Weddings and Vows
NINE MONTHS TO A YEAR OUT:
- Buy a binder, the best place to hold ideas, contracts and other info. And keep it nearby -- you never know when inspiration will strike!
- Make a guest list, and start collecting snail-mail and email addresses.
- Decide on your budget.
- Decide on a destination. Unsure? Contact your Wedding Specialist/Travel Agent to book your group.
- Research the marriage requirements in your chosen destination.
- Look into the potential wedding and reception sites, hotels and wedding planners in your locale.
- Verify Hair and Makeup artists are available at your chosen destination.
- Start shopping for your gown, taking into consideration the ceremony site and the destination's climate.
- Choose your maid of honor, best man and other attendants.
- Choose your photographer and book your engagement photo session.
- Send out Save the Dates with your wedding website.
- SIX TO NINE MONTHS OUT:
- Select vendors, including caterer, photographer, florist, and band or DJ. You can get recommendations from your hotel or planner.
- Choose an officiant, and start planning the service.
- Research activities and tours available in your locale, and plan at least one group option.
- Order your gown, and select attendants' dresses.
- Investigate any ethnic customs or cultural traditions you might want to incorporate into your event.
- Register for gifts or create a honeymoon registry.
- Follow up with your invitees.
FOUR TO SIX MONTHS OUT:
- Order your wedding rings.
- Mail out your formal invitations.
- Obtain your passports and visas, and if neccesary, get any needed blood tests or vaccinations.
- Arrange any rental needs like chair covers and sound equipment.
- Order your wedding invitations and thank-you cards, plus any special stationery (welcome letters, menus, maps, itineraries, signs).
- Buy or reserve wedding duds for the groom and wedding party.
- Buy gifts for your attendants and family members, and start composing your thank-you notes to them.
- Make hair, makeup and spa appointments for you and your party.
- Shop for wedding accessories (shoes, jewelry, headpiece, lingerie), resort wear, decor and other goods (cake topper, guest book, ring pillow).
TWO TO FOUR MONTHS OUT:
- Arrange and confirm all of your group travel arrangements.
- Finalize details with your vendors, menus, photo, floral specifics and special songs)
- Make or order the guest favors and welcome-bag items.
ONE TO TWO MONTHS OUT:
- Arrange for when and how welcome-bag items and decor should be delivered to your hotel.
- Have your final gown fitting.
- Finalize the wedding day itinerary.
- TWO WEEKS OUT:
- Review all the details with your travel agent and any other vendors involved in the wedding events.
- Put together a seating chart, if needed, and make place cards.
- Confirm details with your wedding planner and officiant.
- Inspect ceremony and reception sites.
- Finalize and legal requirements.
THE WEDDING DAY:
- Its finally here, enjoy your beautiful wedding day!